Rob on deck during haulout

Rob on deck during haulout
Rob on deck during haulout in 2007

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

SOLD

This will be the last entry in this blog.  Island Fever has a new owner and a new purpose in life.  I sold her to a guy who guts older vessels and turns them into slave ships.  No, just kidding.  He actually runs several sailboats from Cartagena  to the San Blas Islands and to Linton, Panama during the backpacking season.  Backpackers & orthers pay $450 per head for a 2-3 day sail including meals, fees, and all the the barf bags they need.  He can put 7 of them on my boat and run one round-trip per week, making over $12000 per month for 6 months out of the year. 
As for me, I'm flying back to the USA on the 12th of Jan.  I didn't know if a buyer would come thru as quickly as this, and now that the boat is sold I get to enjoy Panama for two weeks.  With air-conditioning!!
Will I buy another sailboat?  Probably, but nothing like Island Fever.  I may buy a smaller boat and sail her around the Sea of Cortez, or I may just charter one when I need to get my feet wet.  But I will certainly keep getting my feet wet for several years, health permitting.
So, friends, thanks for following my midadventures and I wish everyone the best.

Buena suarte,

Bill 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting the bottom

Painting the bottom
Painting the bottom (2007)